Saturday, July 01, 2006

The lull

I'm enjoying the lull at the moment. With the house sold and most of our belongings gone, it's nice to enjoy a moment of rest. It's the last week of term, so my last 5 days with my gorgeous class. I'm really having a nice time with them and just enjoying the special people that they are.
I imagine that it will get hectic again in the last couple of weeks before we go, but at this stage, it's just really nice.
I'll have my wisdom teeth removed during the holidays so will probably be a big grump then. But better to do it now so I don't have to think about it in the US. It's just a shame we can't get it covered with our Medical insurance - we're a few weeks too early!
We're doing the catch-up and goodbyes with everyone over the next couple of weeks. I'm no good at goodbyes so I'm not looking forward to that aspect.
John and I are starting to get nervous about the whole idea of packing up and leaving the country. We still want to do it, without a doubt, but the enormity of it is suddenly hitting home.
Not long now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home