Tuesday, September 05, 2006

School starts...

When I took Colby for his run this morning there were kids everywhere, heading off to school. The yellow school buses were out, clothes were clean, hair tidy, new school bags on backs... I love this time of year! It's so exciting with so much anticipation for all that lies ahead.
I met my kids today and their parents, but school doesn't start for me until Thursday. I had orientation where I explained the logistics of the school year to the parents and asked them to provide information about their children. It was scary as always - I don't like talking to adult groups - but I made it through and covered mostly everything.
For all the teachers reading this blog, I'm very exciting about how I will be teaching writing at Geneva. I'll see how it goes and let you know more details if it seems to work well.
The kids I met are bright, mature and quite intellectual. It should make for a year of huge progress. Can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home